Thursday, September 15, 2011

it has been a long time...

it has been a long time since i have written, and i apologize for that. it has been a long time since i have looked at MOVEment in terms of it's goals and where i want to take it next. it feels like it has been a long time since i've been home.

as you know, i have been living in ucluelet, bc, for the summer while taking part in an amazing opportunity to plan and implement summer day camps for the children of the community. this experience has taught me so many things about myself and i feel refreshed and better able to tackle some of the other challenges in my life and my career. i am also still processing what it meant to me to work, live, and play in that small community bordering the pacific rim national park and how that has impacted me, now that i am home, in victoria.

i was instantly swept up into the rush of starting my final year at the university of victoria, beginning a new job, and keeping up my fitness regime, and i have to admit, i've felt a little lost since i've come home. but managing my personal and professional time and goals will just be (and always have been) another challenge to overcome.

so, it is with a fresh start that i look forward to continuing to share my struggles, inspirations, and of course the growth of MOVEment with you. stay tuned for some exciting things this year, as i look to further explore the trail running world, provide you with some insight into the local fitness studios of victoria, and implement the VIP Files, a series of biographies about Very Inspirational People in the health, fitness, and recreation industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment