Tuesday, January 31, 2012

stand up and finish what you started

so, i've been feeling really lost these past few weeks as you may have been able to tell by the significant lack of updates through the MOVEment facebook page. lost and humbled. lost in my direction and humbled by the fact that i gave up on my own challenge at 70 days. this is discouraging. i have done this challenge before....i should be able to complete it now.

maybe should is the wrong word. a dear friend of mine often reminds me that "people 'should' on themselves too often. it isn't good for you".

i have a million excuses, as we all do. this year has put a lot of pressures on me as i finish up my degree at the university of victoria. i am disappointed that i let everything get the best of me and my reaction was to hide out for a few weeks. i just stopped participating.

but today i came across this photo:


and i had to laugh because i thought "are you speaking to me?!"

so the only logical thing to do is to start again.
and that is not a bad thing. in fact i may be starting and participating in this challenge for the rest of my life! i hope i am. and i hope you are.

MOVEment has become an incredible community and the support and encouragement i have received from people to continue has been overwhelming. the stories i hear about how physical activity has changed peoples lives are what motivates me most of all. thank you for being a part of my journey and thank you for letting me be a part of yours.

today i feel more inspired than i have in weeks. what lessons will i learn this time? who will i connect with? what adventures and opportunities will present themselves to me? i will never know unless i continue.

February 1st, 2012 is day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment