Thursday, November 25, 2010

25.11.10: race prep


this cold weather has thrown me off a bit.
what should i wear for my race?
how wet will i get?
will it be icy?
will they change the route due to safety concerns?
i have settled on a mix of lululemon and mountain equipment co-op gear, with frontrunner socks and my favorite la sportiva trail runners. this should do fine. i have run in this gear before.
so many thoughts swirling around in my head tonight.
i am getting excited...a little bit. this sounds silly but sometimes i actually get running cravings. really. my body (and my mind) will start to crave running if i have not done it in a while. and i have not run all week.
will i have eaten what i should?
will i have enough energy?
why am i even concerned about all this?! the run is meant to be for fun, right? my training partner SB and i have our matching MOVEment t-shirts and we are out there to have fun!
so relax....
let go of expectations...
just run.

No comments:

Post a Comment