Thursday, November 4, 2010

the next adventure...

i have exactly 23 more days until i run in the gunner shaw 2010 race.
http://pih.bc.ca/gunner-shaw-info.html

my training:
  • three runs a week:
  • one long distance (10km), one 30min (or 5km) focused on speed training, and one run 30 min (or 5km) focused on strength training such as hills and stairs.

my goal:
  • run this race in 1hour.

my motivation:
  • trail running is one of the most exhilarating ways to explore the forest! i love the physical and mental challenge of the technical terrain. this type of running is completely different form road running and although some might consider it a bit more dangerous, i highly recommend it!! i am so excited to prove to myself that i can accomplish something like this.

i am motivated by others who have also done physical challenges:
  • my friend SB ran her first sprint triathlon this past summer!
  • my friend JU has become a force to be reckoned with in the world of competitive ultra trail running!
  • my mother is about to complete her 100 days of MOVEment and has been hiking every week!

...these (and many more) are the things that inspire me.

my fears:
  • i won't have trained enough.
  • i won't achieve my goal.
  • i will embarrass myself in front of the family and friends who are coming to watch me.
  • i will injure myself.

i must remeber:

"impossible is not a fact...it's an opinion"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlAmhsdr6o

No comments:

Post a Comment