Tuesday, September 7, 2010

day 50: half way mark!


07.08.10: day 50




day 50! this is my half way mark and i feel like i should have something profound to say....


what have i learned?




  • the value of setting goals and keeping them SMART (lets think back to school now: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely). with out a frame work for my goals i quickly become lost and fail to achieve them. this is the simplest goal setting framework i have learned but it is so effective!


  • the value of asking for support. i am convinced i could not have done this without the support and encouragement i have had from family, friends and even people who i don't know but who have believed in my cause! a long time ago i thought that i would be considered successful in life if i could achieve everything i needed to achieve on my own, without the aid of others. then a very wise friend asked me "what if the secret to success was not accomplishing your goals in isolation, but through using the support, resources, encouragement, and joy of those around you? what if we all shared in the work and we all shared in the success?"


  • how much being active truly adds to my life. i don't really even want to go a day with out MOVEment.


  • the power of setting priorities and acting with intention. moving for 100 days seems like a huge goal (and it is!!) but when it is broken down into such small daily requirements, it really does become quite manageable. this concept in itself can be applied to all areas of my life.


  • the power of a small, committed group of people. so much energy can be, and has been, created through one positive idea. i am amazed everyday.


the past two days i have resumed my weight training workout at the downtown YMCA-YWCA and i am sore and exhilarated! strength training has so many functional benefits and i can't wait to see how it will impact my hiking, trail running and paddling.



so far, my motivation remains fairly constant and i am excited to progress into the second half of my challenge!



what's your MOVE?



No comments:

Post a Comment