Sunday, September 12, 2010

day 51-55: yoga practice

12.09.10: day 55

yoga for 1.5hrs.



i have a funny relationship with yoga. i absolutely love it. i am a complete advocate of this incredible exercise that incorporates strength, endurance, cardiovascular fitness, balance, and mindfulness among other things. i think it is ideal for beginners and athletes alike and can offer something to everyone, provided you are able to find the yoga style and path that suites you.



my problem with yoga is that i'm not very good at it...and this annoys me. one of the fundamental principles of yoga is being non-judgemental of others, yourself, and where you are in your practice at that moment. but i struggle so much at accepting my lack of skill in yoga. i find it so fascinating how i thoroughly enjoy encouraging others and supporting them but when it comes to myself, i expect so much perfection right away. my expectations are often so high that i disappoint myself if i am not successful at something, even if i am relatively new at it, like yoga. because of this disappointment, my yoga sessions remain few and far between, even though few feelings compare to the after glow of a yoga session.



my yoga practice today remind me of how far i have actually come in my practice. i have noticed little improvements! i also have a really far way to go...but it is a journey, right? achieving ultimate perfection at something would actually be kind of sad, because then you would cease to learn from that activity. there are always going to be ways you can learn from an activity. so how do i conclude this...

by realizing i should continue my yoga practice. i will continue it with love and acceptance for where i am in my practice because yoga is about just that. now inhale deeply....




today i practiced yoga at the downtown victoria ymca-ywca. check out their drop in classes: http://www.victoriay.com/


11.09.10: day 54

walking today.

relaxing fitness. a day to let my legs recover.



10.09.10: day 53

i completed my 10km waterfront run!

i felt amazing today. it is so neat to see how weight training impacts my other areas of sport and recreation. today i felt powerful and strong. i was able to incorporate several sprints and tackle the hills with more confidence. hills are not my speciality!



09.09.10: day 52

walk 30min to the water and back.

i didn't go to the gym this morning. i was feeling tired and sore from my workout yesterday. low energy for some reason.



08.09.10: day 51

upper body gym workout.

rowing hard for 10 min on the erg.

felt really strong today.

No comments:

Post a Comment